ANTI-AGING TIP OF THE DAY
Tip #51 – Hormone Health for Women: Estrogen & Progesterone
Replenishing the hormones that decline in menopause may help alleviate some of its symptoms. For these women, either combination hormone replacement therapy (HRT, as estrogen with progesterone) or estrogen replacement therapy (ERT) may be appropriate.
As part of a hormone replacement program for menopause, estrogen has been shown in clinical studies to:
- Reduce coronary artery disease and risk of heart attack
- Reduce risk of death from stroke
- Reduce the risk of colon cancer
- Improve mood, including to lift depression
- Promote collagen content in skin, to maintain skin thickness and reduce wrinkles
- Improve carboyhydrate metabolism and insulin resistance
- Ease menopause-related memory difficulties and may protect against Alzheimer's Disease
The A4M encourages you to find an A4M specialty-trained physician to serve as your health coach and advocate.