Non-Profit Trusted Source of Non-Commercial Health Information
The Original Voice of the American Academy of Anti-Aging, Preventative, and Regenerative Medicine
logo logo
Home » Inflammation

Do dietary changes help fibromyalgia?

By dsorbello at March 9, 2011, 7:26 p.m., 24096 hits

What do people think about this? Any suggestions?

Posts [ 7 ] | Last post March 9, 2011, 7:26 p.m.
#1 - Oct. 14, 2010, 1:52 p.m.
Anonymous

Yes eating healthy helps, making sure you getting enough magnesium is important.

#2 - Oct. 14, 2010, 2:50 p.m.
Anonymous

Yes. Dietary changes made a big difference for me. Along with exercise, stretching,massage therapy on a regular basis my life has changed.
My dietary plan is high protein low carbs along with taking high quality supplements. No white flours, sugars or artificial sweetners and stay away from processed foods.
After changing my life style including how I think, what I say and attitude life is far better.
In fact because of regular massage for fibromyalgia I became a massage therapist. Some of my clients have fibromyalgia so with some positive changes in their lives things have gotten better.
So do make healthy changes for you and no one else. Remember YOU ARE SPECIAL.

#3 - Oct. 14, 2010, 3:09 p.m.
Greentea

Thanks for the input! I think I'll try incorporating these dietary changes along with a gluten-free diet, which I've heard may be effective. I'd also like to check into massage therapy, if it's not too pricey. I'm not sure which high quality supplements to take, any suggestions?

#4 - Oct. 15, 2010, 10:09 a.m.

Eating organic, whole foods, and as much yoga as I can squeeze in during the week works for me.

— Last Edited by MellowMom at 2010-10-15 10:11:48 —

#5 - Oct. 16, 2010, 8:16 a.m.
Anonymous

Probiotics. Good sleep anyway u can. Try melatonin. Hot shower before sleep. Tryptophan before sleep. Try fasting for three days. To see if it's food allergy. Lots of pure water for detox. You'll b fine. Best. Dr. Lexx

#6 - Jan. 21, 2011, 1:41 p.m.

Yes they are really beneficial. I trust on natural things as they are rich source of vitamins, proteins and minerals that are required for a good healthy body.

#7 - March 9, 2011, 7:26 p.m.
Anonymous

hi, i have had fibro my entire 37 years of life. i was born with it according to cleveland clinic rhematoligists. i went untreated for 27 years & i was bed ridden for almost 6 years at my worst. pain is my biggest and most problematic symptom. i have a strong beief in God and my faith in God has brought me so far. Nutrition has definitely played a huge role!!! i am no longer bed bound, PRAISE GOD! i do have days when i spend alot of time in bed but before i could not walk well enough to even get out of bed & go to the bathroom. i had a bloodtest done by ALCAT and they found all my food intolerances so i stay away from those foods : basically i eat veggies, fruit, no processed food, lean organic meats and high fiber/whole grains. i cannot eat sugar or greasy, high processed foods or i hurt much worse. i also rotate my foods so that i don't eat the same foods everyday -example: so if i have apples today, i dont eat apples again until the day after tomorrow. i also live a calorie restricted lifestyle with focus on eating only high nutrient/ good food- and not wasting my calories with stuff that will not nourish my body. i know it may sound extreme but God has shown me the wisdom of eating a healthy diet ( being extreme brings extreme results- i could not walk and there is soooo much more i could tell you about of how my life has changed )and God gives me strength- because I could not do it on my own. my family is very supportive too. i also use a walking video by Leslie Sansone and her beginners Pilates, as well as lots of stretching; i also use heat, ice, light massage to ease pain. also keeping your mind occupied and growing/learning is so important for me. i love reading my Bible & about health & nutrition, i love playing with makeup & hair, i love taking pictures and crafting too - my point is never stop learning new stuff- stay interested in life , count your blessings everyday. i keep a food/ activity journal too which helps me, i pray God will give you all the wisdom & strength you need to live your life to YOUR fullest. we cannot let our limitations keep us from doing all we CAN do, and being the BEST we CAN be :-) Melody