Non-Profit Trusted Source of Non-Commercial Health Information
The Original Voice of the American Academy of Anti-Aging, Preventative, and Regenerative Medicine
logo logo
Home » Energy Medicine

Art, Creativity and Personal Growth

By sswartz at Nov. 24, 2014, 7:42 p.m., 15333 hits

Miami has been humming for the last few weeks. We had a big book fair and now, Art Basel is here! The largest art show in the world and one of the most exciting ones! It will run from December 4th to the 7th. I’ve been going to Art Basel since 2006, sometimes in Miami, and I even visited the show in Switzerland a few years ago. They have everything from budding artists to the masters. If you’re a collector, you can get a piece of art from $500 to $10 million. If you ever are in Miami on the first week of December, don’t miss out on this one. One of the exciting parts of the Art Basel is the stimulating program of talks and panel discussions to deepen our knowledge of art.

My last guest on the Energy Medicine Radio show www.bbsradio.com/energymedicineradio was Richard Stocker. He is a renowned artist and also a Rolfer, a form of structural alignment similar to a deep tissue massage. I asked him how he incorporates body work and art in his life. What he told me was he sees the human body as a canvass and he does a sculpture on the human body just like he would with other media. Here’s a link to the interview we did on the radio a few weeks ago http://bbsradio.com/content/energy-medicine-radio-november-11-2014.

What I have noticed in my work through the years is I also began as an artist, a martial artist as well as a blacksmith doing decorative iron work, and then I started working with gold and silver. When you’re working with hot metal, no matter if it’s steel, silver or gold, you’re doing alchemy. You’re changing the structure of the metal and molding it into a piece of art and slowly polishing it, making it into either a knife, a sword, or maybe, a necklace or a bracelet.

When you’re working with the human body, you find bumps, knots, twists and different situations that impede the flow of energy. When you start to open up the energy, no matter if it’s through massage, acupuncture, herbs, homeopathic medicine, or medical Qi Gong, you’re starting to change one’s energy. If there’s too much heat, you clear the heat and bring in more gentleness, cooling the body. If the body’s too cold, you add more fire energy, bringing the body into balance. It’s almost like you’re working with hot metal or clay, able to mold it, free up the tensions, and allow the vital energy to flow through every meridian, every channel, and bring a person back to health. They call this the “healing arts”, just like the fighting form called the “martial arts”. It comes from inside, it’s generated from the second chakra, the chakra of creativity. This inspires us and opens up the energy. When a person has fear in his body, it’s not easy for them to open up the creative channels. As you work with someone, you can alchemically change the fear into kindness. Those are the positive and the negative aspects of the liver. So, we work from our creative selves to open up the channels and free ourselves from worry, struggle and blame, and bring into light, aim, contribution and participation. These will keep us healthy, vibrant, alive and creative.

I teach these things to a very special group of students from all over the world. They’re part of a very special group called Qi Gong Inner Circle. Every month, they receive a teaching on either a CD or DVD to help them grow and throw up the shackles that bind them. If you feel you’re ready, join me and the members at the Qi Gong Inner Circle www.qigonginnercircle.com. You will be delighted with the teachings you’re about to get.

I wish you the best in your Health, Wealth and Happiness!

Dr. Wu Dhi

No Reply