Non-Profit Trusted Source of Non-Commercial Health Information
The Original Voice of the American Academy of Anti-Aging, Preventative, and Regenerative Medicine
logo logo
Home » Exercise

It has been Confirmed Exercise IS the Best Anti-Aging Pill and Here is why

By jbehar at Feb. 18, 2016, 2:16 a.m., 18064 hits

Anti aging is a billion dollar market today.

Many industrial nation's are aging, especially in the US and Europe, have money to spend and many are looking to slow down the aging process, whether it is the aging appearance or the affects of age on their body, like sarcopenia (muscle wasting, aging joints (such as arthritis, osteoporosis), loss of balance, and many other age related conditions.

While meany people look to plastic surgery to change aging looks, and pharmaceuticals and supplementation to address maladies like muscle wasting, osteoporosis and other conditions more and more studies are showing the best value to attack these unwanted conditions is consistent exercise.

New research shows that regular physical activity can reduce the inflammation in the body that comes with aging, which could also help decrease your risk of developing related diseases and conditions—like heart disease, type 2 diabetes, dementia, osteoarthritis decreased mental function (dementia and Alzheimer's), loss of muscle mass (sarcopenia), the onset of type 2 diabetes, dementia, osteoarthritis obesity, cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, certain cancers and falls.

In a given year, more 1 of every thee of adults age 65 and older will experience a fall. 20% to 30% of those who fall suffer injuries that decrease mobility and independence and falls are the leading cause of death from injury in this age group. Exercise by increasing muscle, slowing sarcopena (muscle wasting), and improving muscle and strength reduces this risk dramatically.

When it comes to seeing benefits, benefits can happen almost immediately with consistent exercise. Several public health bodies –- including the American Heart Association, US Centers for Disease Control, and the World Health Organization –- have recommended getting 30 minutes of moderate exercise, 5 or more times per week.

When it comes to living longer the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) looked at more than 250,000 men and women between the ages of 50 and 71, and confirmed that the standard exercise recommendations noted above did in fact improve subjects’ longevity. An average of 30 minutes of moderate activity, 5 times or more a week, gave participants a 27% lower risk of dying during the study period, while more vigorous exercise (20 minutes, 3 or more times a week), dropped the risk of death by 32%.

In North America, less than 50% our population exercises the recommended amount, and in east Asian countries like Japan, China, and Taiwan, only 20% exercise the recommended amount.

So, our recommendation: if you still want to look for an anti aging pill, lose the car, and go walk, run or jog to find it. This way you can be assured you are getting the true anti aging benefits and health benefits that exercises provides!

Jeff Behar, CEO
www.MyBestHealthPortal.net / www.MuscleMagFitness.com and
Your A4M Medical Commentator:

Posts [ 7 ] | Last post Feb. 18, 2016, 2:16 a.m.
#1 - June 2, 2015, 1:48 p.m.
Greentea

testing

#2 - Sept. 11, 2015, 9:40 a.m.
LizaLu

This is so true. People need to stop looking for an easy way out and just get off the couch!

#3 - Oct. 16, 2015, 7:23 a.m.

Thanks for this interesting post.

#4 - Oct. 16, 2015, 8 a.m.
lance roll

Very true working out keeps us younger.As per to research only 26 weeks of resistance training reverses the aging process at the genetic level.If one do yoga,it will strengthens his body and increases flexibility–both crucial to effective exercising after 50.

#5 - Oct. 20, 2015, 4:05 a.m.
Chloe

Very impressive details. I indeed found someone who likes exercise keep young. I didn't mean the age but the outlook. Maybe I have to keep my morning exercise later.

#6 - Feb. 18, 2016, 12:47 a.m.

Great to know that exercising helps to keep younger. Till today I use to follow programme sportif to be fit and healthy but knowing this will help me keep younger is amazing. :) Thank you for your wonderful post.

#7 - Feb. 18, 2016, 2:16 a.m.
Chloe

Peanut oil has been found to contain the anti-aging antioxidant co-enzyme Q10 and is rich in essential fatty acids – the nutrients vital for a healthy, supple skin.

Reference: http://www.creative-peptides.com/blog/index.php/anti-aging-formula-could-be-simple/