Non-Profit Trusted Source of Non-Commercial Health Information
The Original Voice of the American Academy of Anti-Aging, Preventative, and Regenerative Medicine
logo logo
Home » Alternative Medicine

Staying Cool, Getting Younger in 95 Degrees Plus

By sswartz at Sept. 28, 2015, 7:20 p.m., 21235 hits

Although it has been in the nineties all week in South Florida, I’ve found a way to stay cool as a cucumber, and slow down the aging process at the same time. We have a new, cool, cooling treatment in the clinic known as cryotherapy. ‘Cryo-’ meaning ‘cold,’ and the liquid nitrogen gets your body ice-cold in moments. It’s colder than you could possibly imagine, like walking into an Arctic circle completely naked, except for your underwear, gloves, and socks. You go into this chamber for 1 to 3 minutes, and your body temperature is lowered to 264 degrees below zero with a blast of liquid nitrogen. It’s really cold, but the benefits are awesome! The cooling treatment reduces inflammation, improves athletic performance, and slows signs of aging, and much more.

A few months ago, I broke my wrist and had to be put in a cast. My hand was swollen and my fingers looked like 5 swollen sausages. In the past, I would use an ice pack for 15 minutes 3 or 4 times a day to reduce the inflammation. Usually, it takes weeks to get rid of the pain and swelling. It’s time-intensive and a pain in the butt. The new cryotherapy chamber arrived last week, and I started doing the treatment. The inflammation is just about gone. I started with a minute and a half and slowly built up to two and a half minutes in the deep freeze. I was amazed on how quickly I recovered, and the spinoffs were amazing. My metabolism kicked into gear and my energy was way up with just 2-minutes-twice-weekly sessions, and I have totally reduced the swelling with just a few treatments.

Here’s what happens:

The freezing temperatures send the body into a “survival mode,” which causes blood supply to flow to the internal organs to spread more oxygen and nutrients. After just a few minutes, you leave the cold treatment, and the enriched blood is flushed back into the rest of the body. It’s an invigorating sensation that charges up the body’s energy as well as reduces any inflammation. They say that the treatment also burns up to 900 calories, that quick.

The whole idea of the extreme cold is removing the toxins, and allowing blood that doesn’t have those toxins or those inflammatory components into that area that needs them. The health benefits are incredible. Your skin gets a rush of blood and oxygen that you’ll look and feel younger. You get the healthy glow and improved circulation. It also boosts collagen, so those wrinkles will be gone.

When I got out of the cryo chamber, I noticed an enormous rush of endorphins and energy afterwards, and that high lasts like five or six hours. Your brain also gets sharper. I noticed I have better mental focus, even my meditations are deeper. Not only does it stimulate and expedite the healing process, but it also eliminates the discomfort that can prevent you from proper rehabilitation in tissue strengthening after muscle damage.

Even though it’s extremely hot in Miami, my summer has an Arctic blast to it.

I wish you the best in your Health, Wealth, and Happiness!

Dr. Wu Dhi

P.S. For inquiries, please call 305-407-0120.

No Reply