Non-Profit Trusted Source of Non-Commercial Health Information
The Original Voice of the American Academy of Anti-Aging, Preventative, and Regenerative Medicine
logo logo
Home » Energy Medicine

The Biker With A Gun

By sswartz at Oct. 30, 2015, 9:59 p.m., 11838 hits

My youngest son, a bicycle enthusiast who rides hundreds of miles a year, wrote this on Facebook the other day. I found it interesting how people interpreted it. Here’s what he wrote:

“Henry Ford said, ‘Whether you think you can, or you think you can't–you're right.’ This week, I had a cyclist pop into my open house and talked to me for over an hour. I mentioned the Ford quote because I found that this guy was looking for something and kept finding it. What he found out is that 4 to 5 times a year, he is assaulted by motorists. According to him, many of these altercations end with physical contact. He is a brawler, has been fighting his whole life, loves to throw down, and carries a gun when he rides. Basically, he is looking for a fight everywhere he goes…and finds them. He added, ‘On the other side of this spectrum, I am looking for a world where everyone gets along. I know that chaos surrounds me and bad things will happen, but I go out of my way to find the silver lining. What I have found is that most of my interactions are positive with other people. In conflict, I search for a peaceful solution. I try to forgive others because I know I am not perfect. More often that I'd like to hurt or upset others, not out of being malicious, but because it seems to be a part of the human existence. With a level head and a positive outlook, it ends up with a positive and peaceful experience.’

So, I'd like to modify Mr. Ford’s comment, and say, ‘Whatever you look for, you will find.’

P.S. I ride 500 to 600 hours a year. In a decade, I've only had one experience where someone tried to mace me. I've also had dozens of nice conversations with motorists after they came into my lane, cut me off, cut in front of me, and other potentially dangerous situations.”

– Damo

My son’s message was simple: “Whatever You Think, You Get.” And what people commented about was carrying a gun, not carrying a gun, how motorists disrespect people on bikes, why bicycle riders should have more rights, etc. They missed the point. Whatever you believe and focus on will eventually show up in your life.

“Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, grace and power in it.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

In some cases, a belief starts out much like a theory. Assumptions are made based on logical observations and deductions. In other cases, a new belief grows out of an emotional viewpoint that seems to be supported by logic. It’s the blending of these two major components that form the basic structure of our personal beliefs. The guy who rides with a gun believes that he will be assaulted, attacked, and eventually ran off the road by an angry motorist and, sure as shooting, he will be sooner or later. On the other hand, Damo has a different outlook on life. Just like the gun-toting dude, he will pull in what he is putting out – good vibes.

The reason I teach meditation is to calm the mind, relax, and relieve stress. But the real work is hidden in the practice of meditation. It changes your vibration, opens up your mind to a more positive outlook, and you will start to bring into your life what you want. The Internal Mantra Program teaches you an entirely new way of looking at the world and how you operate in it. After practicing for just weeks, you’ll have total control of what comes into your life and what doesn’t. Treat yourself to a totally new way of being. Get the Internal Mantra Program right now http://rechargingqigong.com/the-internal-mantra-program.html.

I wish you the best in your Health, Wealth, and Happiness!

Dr. Wu Dhi

No Reply