Non-Profit Trusted Source of Non-Commercial Health Information
The Original Voice of the American Academy of Anti-Aging, Preventative, and Regenerative Medicine
logo logo
Home » Energy Medicine

How To Build Yin Energy In The Summer Heat

By sswartz at July 9, 2016, 10:58 p.m., 12710 hits

It’s really HOT in the USA, and some idiots are still claiming that there is no global warming. I have lived in South Florida for over twenty years, and this is the hottest summer I can ever remember.

Do you know what happens to your body when it’s so hot? Sweat starts to pour from every pore, trying to cool you down. If you don’t get cooled off, there are some dreadful effects from too much heat. Your body just starts acting weird. Your balance is affected and wobbles from side to side like you are drunk. You can start losing your equilibrium all together. Your muscles can start to cramp up with just a temperature increase of one or two degrees and can affect you even if you have been drinking water to replace what you sweated out. When you get overheated, your blood vessels dilate to release as much heat away from your system as possible, causing blood to pool in your ankles which is not good. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, if you are exposed to extreme heat for a prolonged period, you may stop sweating altogether. This is potentially fatal leading to heat stroke. Also, brain fog is common from heat exhaustion and you are apt to make unwise and unsafe decisions. It is a real hazard for workers who need to keep their concentration. Aside from increased irritability, you start losing the ability to do skilled or mental tasks. As your core temperature rises further above the body’s natural temperature, you can get nausea to the point you start to vomit, and diarrhea may set in. Those muscle cramps I was talking about earlier may happen more frequently, you’ll experience palpitations, and tingling or numbness of the hands or feet.

After work today, I came home and decided to work in the garden. I was removing a fence post and, after only twenty minutes, my strength started to falter and I sat down for a few minutes. That’s when I started to get somewhat nauseous, and I knew I had to take some action. First, I moved to a cooler, shaded location, went in the house and removed my clothes including socks and shoes. Then, I applied cool, wet cloths to my head, face, and neck, and started to drink water with just a little salt in it to replace the electrolytes. If this happens to you, you’d better do this fast. Without treatment, you may find yourselves in the grip of potentially deadly heat stroke. They say that heat stroke takes you to death's door. If you think you’re seeing signs of full-fledged heat stroke, all medical authorities say to call 911. It is that serious. If someone is at the stage of heat stroke, their core temperature is at 104 F or higher, and their body’s mechanisms for handling the heat have failed. That can include the loss of so much body fluids that sweating stops altogether. Here are some signs of heat stroke or heat exhaustion to watch out for: hot, dry skin, profuse sweating, confusion, loss of consciousness, seizures, and very high body temperature.

As soon as I cooled down, I started to practice the  Flying Crane Qi Gong http://rechargingqigong.com/flying-crane-qi-gong.html to regain my balance and to add more yin (cooling energy) back into my body. This time of the year when the temperature soars, it’s best to practice your Qi gong early morning before the sun comes up and a few hours after sunset to gather more Qi and to cool down the body/mind and spirit. I am really doing the Flying Crane Qi Gong set both early morning and after the sunsets. Try it for thirty days and you will notice the energy shift without a doubt. http://rechargingqigong.com/flying-crane-qi-gong.html

I wish you the best in your Health, Wealth, and Happiness.

Dr. Wu Dhi

No Reply