Non-Profit Trusted Source of Non-Commercial Health Information
The Original Voice of the American Academy of Anti-Aging, Preventative, and Regenerative Medicine
logo logo
Home » Arthritis

Arthritis/Bursitis relief diet - pain is gone - no more supplements - no more meds

By BobbyBoomer at Jan. 3, 2015, 6:42 a.m., 44313 hits

I got this e-mail from a doctor that works for a group I subscribe to.

Before I tried this, the bursitis in my hip was so bad, I couldn't walk two blocks without sitting down. Now all symptoms are gone, it's only a memory.

In addition, I quit taking the SAMe, Glucosamine Suflate, Chondroitin Sulfate, and MSM.

Here is the part of the e-mail that explains the diet:

For both arthritis and bursitis, treatment is similar:

Try the dietary approach first, and if that doesn't work, take stronger action.

Foods that may contribute to chronic inflammation are foods with a high glycemic index (foods that convert to sugar quickly), such as fruit juices, sugars, simple starches, or rice cakes, foods heavy in polyunsaturated or saturated fats, and foods high in arachidonic acid. Some specific foods to avoid are:

* Fatty cuts of red meat (high in saturated fats)
* Organ meats: liver, kidney, and so forth (high in arachidonic acid)
* Egg yolks (high in arachidonic acid)
* Pasta (high glycemic index)
* Juices (high glycemic index)
* Rice, especially rice cakes (high glycemic index)
* White bread (substitute whole grain breads such as rye or whole wheat)
* Nightshade Plants (tomatoes, potatoes, eggplants, peppers, paprika)

Glycemic index charts can be found on the Internet.

Better choices are foods with a low glycemic index and foods that are heavy in monounsaturated fats. Some specific good foods are:

* Salmon and other fish
* Oatmeal
* Fresh fruits and vegetables
* Olives and olive oil
* Peanuts and other nuts
* Whey proteins

I hope this helps.

Bobby

Posts [ 9 ] | Last post Jan. 3, 2015, 6:42 a.m.
#1 - April 12, 2013, 11:32 a.m.

BobbyBoomer;98529:

I got this e-mail from a doctor that works for a group I subscribe to.

Before I tried this, the bursitis in my hip was so bad, I couldn't walk two blocks without sitting down. Now all symptoms are gone, it's only a memory.

In addition, I quit taking the SAMe, Glucosamine Suflate, Chondroitin Sulfate, and MSM.

Here is the part of the e-mail that explains the diet:

For both arthritis and bursitis, treatment is similar:

Try the dietary approach first, and if that doesn't work, take stronger action.

Foods that may contribute to chronic inflammation are foods with a high glycemic index (foods that convert to sugar quickly), such as fruit juices, sugars, simple starches, or rice cakes, foods heavy in polyunsaturated or saturated fats, and foods high in arachidonic acid. Some specific foods to avoid are:

* Fatty cuts of red meat (high in saturated fats)
* Organ meats: liver, kidney, and so forth (high in arachidonic acid)
* Egg yolks (high in arachidonic acid)
* Pasta (high glycemic index)
* Juices (high glycemic index)
* Rice, especially rice cakes (high glycemic index)
* White bread (substitute whole grain breads such as rye or whole wheat)
* Nightshade Plants (tomatoes, potatoes, eggplants, peppers, paprika)

Glycemic index charts can be found on the Internet.

Better choices are foods with a low glycemic index and foods that are heavy in monounsaturated fats. Some specific good foods are:

* Salmon and other fish
* Oatmeal
* Fresh fruits and vegetables
* Olives and olive oil
* Peanuts and other nuts
* Whey proteins

I hope this helps.

Bobby

#2 - March 10, 2014, 2:04 a.m.

Determining if you have arthritis, a rheumatic disease, or a related condition then use the jointcare products of Natureshealthypath which is 100% natural and herbal. You can visit the site Natureshealthypath.com

— Last Edited by Natureshealthypath at 2014-03-10 02:05:31 —

#3 - April 8, 2014, 8:55 a.m.

BobbyBoomer,

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful post. This post is yours cover all the informative information about Arthritis/Bursitis relief diet. I will suggest my cousin brother who is suffering from this problem.

Thank You

#4 - April 8, 2014, 10:41 a.m.
BobbyBoomer

Let us know how he does.

Some people have a difficult time sticking to the diet. (I just have to have my pasta - I just need my fruit - I just can't live without my bread)

I had a neighbor walking her dog with a cane. Turned her on to the diet, and she did great. 4 months later she was walking with the cane again. I asked her what happened and she said she just couldn't give up her starches and sweets.

Also: This is important - Add fowl to the list. My wife was not doing well on the diet, I looked up the arachidonic acid content of chicken and other fowl and found it higher even than egg yolks. She quit eating chicken, and is not 100% pain free.

I agree it's a limiting diet, but it worked better than all those supplements, and it's a lot cheaper. Plus I believe if I can eliminate the pain with diet, it's a lot better than trying to repair it with either supplements or drugs.

I'd rather have the use of my hands and legs than eat spaghetti (and I'm Italian-American). But we are all different.

Bobby

— Last Edited by BobbyBoomer at 2014-04-08 10:50:13 —

#5 - Aug. 26, 2014, 8:03 a.m.
stuartkneen

Fruit juices such as pineapple,papaya juice and orange juices are beneficial.Flax seeds and fish oil can also be included.

#6 - Aug. 26, 2014, 1:10 p.m.
BobbyBoomer

Flax seeds & fish oil are great - but fruit juices are a big no-no and it says so in the diet - too high of a glycemic index.

#7 - Aug. 26, 2014, 1:10 p.m.
BobbyBoomer

Insulin is inflammatory, so the object of a low glycemic diet is to keep the insulin secretions at a minimum.

Fruit is better than juice, because the fiber slows down sugar impact, which slows down the release of the insulin.

I don't eat high glycemic fruit either, and when I do eat fruit, I eat it after a meal so the sugar is diluted and I eat small quantities.

And I'm pain-free.

Bobby

— Last Edited by BobbyBoomer at 2014-08-26 16:04:52 —

#8 - Oct. 10, 2014, 8:02 a.m.
healthystuff

I used essential oil like castor oil for Joint Pain for any relief. It has a substance that can absorbs our deepest skin and can reduce any pain. No supplements and no more meds needed.

#9 - Jan. 3, 2015, 6:42 a.m.

Arthritis is actually very painful, as it gives very bad joint pains. One should try to increase intake of omega-3 fats, which are found in salmon, sardines, mackerel, trout, flaxseeds and walnuts. One should also go for exercising, it increases strength and reduces joint pain. You can find some good exercise for arthritis here Joint pain treatment Chantilly, VA