Non-Profit Trusted Source of Non-Commercial Health Information
The Original Voice of the American Academy of Anti-Aging, Preventative, and Regenerative Medicine
logo logo
Home » Electromagnetic Radiation

2011 A4M World Congress and EMR/EMF Issues - including sleep disruption

By kcrofton at Nov. 1, 2012, 4:54 a.m., 16424 hits

Many of you may be heading home after a Las Vegas whirlwind of excellent lectures and meeting interesting health professionals from around the world. I met doctors from Italy, New Zealand and Thailand - all interested in what they can learn about recognizing and reducing adverse health effects from EMR exposure.

During my presentation on this topic, I asked if anyone had slept well in the hotel - unmedicated. Only a few people raised their hands. Wish I could have talked to them after three more nights - the EMR effects accumulate.

In our group of pre-con workshop presenters, only one of our panel slept well and he was staying off site in a private home with no Wi-Fi.

One of our technical experts was there and tested the electro-magnetic fields in the hotel, meeting rooms and Expo hall. They were all extremely high – even in my room where I had unplugged the router and cordless phone; the exposures were still very high, as these fields extend a long way.

One of the side effects from these exposures is sleep disruption, part of this is due to suppression of melatonin.

I would be interested in hearing from you how well you slept - compared to how well you usually sleep at home.

If your home is Wi-Fi, you have the base of a cordless phone within 25 ft of your bedroom, and/or a cell phone still in its sending/receiving mode in the bedroom - you may not sleep well at home either.

As you know, deep sleep is crucial to our health for restoring the immune system and many other maintenance and repair functions.

Is this one reason why insomnia and other sleep disorders are on the rise?

Maybe it's not just the caffeine, stress and busyness of our lives.

Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt, a well known physician and one of our panel, suggests turning off the circuit breakers at night so even the electric fields from household wiring are eliminated.

(I will tell you later what Dr. Klinghardt has to say about EMR and pre-natal health and children on the Autism Spectrum.)

May I suggest you unplug all electronics, at least, and see if your sleep improves?

Your thoughts?

— Last Edited by Kerry Crofton, PhD at 2011-12-11 11:28:09 —

Posts [ 4 ] | Last post Nov. 1, 2012, 4:54 a.m.
#1 - Oct. 31, 2012, 9:33 a.m.
phillip

I could not agree more. I have recently done a lot of research into the effects of EMF's … what I have found has alarmed me enough to have me start a ePetition to lobby government here in the UK to do studies on the acce-table levels that we should be exposed to. I am not expecting much to be done unfortunately.

I believe this to be the new “cancer” of the 21st Century..!!! every one needs to be aware of the harmful effects from these fields.

I have now plugged in a device that has reduced the EMF's in my home by 80% and since I have started using it I am now sleeping MUCH better than I have for years and years.

I would be more than happy to provide info on this amazing product to anyone who would like to find out more.

phillip@globalrecruitmentmarketing.net

#2 - Oct. 31, 2012, 11:28 a.m.
phillip

I have called back as I really would like to share a video that I edited. It is from a group of Scientists following a meeting that took place back in 2009..!!!!

They produced the “Seletun Declaration”

you can see it here:

http://on.fb.me/STceDl

Thank you… Phillip

#3 - Oct. 31, 2012, 2:04 p.m.
Kerry Crofton, PhD

A top Swedish scientist, Professor Olle Johansson, PHD adds his voice to those warning against Wi-Fi in schools.

There is a copy of his letter to the school board about this issue at: www.radiationrescue.org

and there's an audio file of a radio interview at this site:

http://www.cbc.ca/ontheisland/2012/10/15/school-wifi/

Shielding?

In response to the posts about protective shielding, I must assert that there is no sound science that any devices prevent ALL adverse biological effects which include: leakage of the blood-brain barrier, damage to DNA repair, cardiac effects and cognitive impairment.

Professor Johansson and other experts who contributed to my book recommend reduction of exposure and the safer use of wireless technology.

#4 - Nov. 1, 2012, 4:54 a.m.
phillip

I am in full agreement that no device is currently available that will stop all harmful effects, and you are certainly right to point that out. We are not able to be 100% safe not in the short term. We are without doubt at danger and action needs to be taken.

However an 80% reduction alongside a careful considered approach and an education on harmful effects of EMF's is surely something that is to be recognised as a step in the right direction.

Professor Olle Johansson PHD is also the gentleman in the video I mentioned above, as the Head of Experimental Dermatology, Department of Neuroscience at the Karolinska Institute, he was the spokesman for the Seletun Declaration.

Anyone from the UK can check out and sign my ePetition by visiting

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/39872

anyone from America can petition congress by visiting

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/6/urge-congress-on-emf-safety-fcc-must-change-exposure-guidelines-for-microwave-radiation-exposure/