Non-Profit Trusted Source of Non-Commercial Health Information
The Original Voice of the American Academy of Anti-Aging, Preventative, and Regenerative Medicine
logo logo
Home » Behavior

Oxytocin release stimulated by behavior, causing feelings of trust.

By hkugler at Oct. 27, 2015, 9:10 p.m., 26122 hits

“The Moral Molecule” (Oxytocin), by Paul Zak, director of the Center for Neuroeconomic Studies at Claremont University. Excellent book; keep an eye on it.
Oxytocin is released when trust is formed ( - - not only during sex or childbirth).
When you trust someone – and show it by giving them a hug – oxytocin is released by that person.
Oxytocin, a chemical that motivates us to engage and care about others.
Studies in Guinea natives showed that people who took part in a ritual dance caused Oxytocin to be released in other people’s brains.
My own thoughts relating to this topic:
Having been in the military - - air force pilot, but also MP (military police) - - I often wondered why I had such good, “secure” feelings when I happened to be among military personnel or police officers; not exactly the norm for everybody. Was this possibly a contributing factor in joining a reserve police unit (Long Beach Mounted Police, have been a member for years)? Did my brain release oxytocin when I entered those circles?
Same goes for people in our own field, anti-aging and life-long health. Years ago Alabama University prof. Emanuel Cheraskin, my long-time mentor, took me under his wings, and teaching me something really new - - logic in medical research. Attend an A4M congress, same “safe and secure” feeling, but quite different when attending an orthodox, pharma-sponsored meeting: I felt uncomfortable, like entering enemy territory.
The actions of Oxytocin explains it all. Could taking Oxytocin change certain abnormal behavior patters?
Ferrryy interrrestinkkkk! Don’t you think so?

Posts [ 1 ] | Last post Oct. 27, 2015, 9:10 p.m.
#1 - Oct. 27, 2015, 9:10 p.m.
lance roll

Oxytocin is released during lactation, childbirth and sex. It heals reproductive functions.Oxytocin has an anti-anxiety effect and may increase romantic attachment and empathy.