The American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine, Inc. ("A4M") is a not-for-profit medical society dedicated to the advancement of technology to detect, prevent, and treat aging related disease and to promote research into methods to retard and optimize the human aging process. A4M is also dedicated to educating physicians, scientists, and members of the public on anti-aging issues.
A4M believes that the disabilities associated with normal aging are caused by physiological dysfunction which in many cases are ameliorable to medical treatment, such that the human life span can be increased, and the quality of one's life improved as one grows chronologically older. A4M seeks to disseminate information concerning innovative science and research as well as treatment modalities designed to prolong the human life span.
Anti-aging medicine is based on the scientific principles of responsible medical care consistent with those of other healthcare specialties. Although A4M seeks to disseminate information on many types of medical treatments, it does not promote or endorse any specific treatment nor does it sell or endorse any commercial product.
Objectives & Core Activities
- Make available life-extending information about the multiple benefits of anti-aging therapeutics to practicing physicians and health practitioners
- Assist in developing therapeutic protocols and innovative diagnostic tools to aid physicians and health practitioners in the implementation of effective longevity treatment
- Act as an information center for valid and effective anti-aging medical protocols.
- Assist in obtaining and disseminating funding for scientifically sound and innovative research in anti-aging medicine
- Assist in the funding and promotion of critical anti-aging, clinically based research.
- Outreach, education, and advocacy for anti-aging medicine in the governmental and public arenas
- Support the licensures and liberties of medical professionals to treat and prescribe life-saving medical therapies
- Provide continuing medical education and training for over 65,000 physicians, health practitioners, and scientists at dozens of scientific conferences taking place in the United States and in venues worldwide, in the anti-aging and regenerative medical sciences