Posted on May 01, 2009, 1 p.m.
By Vernon Howard, PhD
Professor- Harvard University of Education (retired)
Adjunct Professor- University of New Brunswick, Saint John, Canada
APRIL 22, 2009 - A groundbreaking paper has just been published by Elsevier, in the May/June 2009 issue of Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics. It is the first time in any peer-reviewed scientific journal that the covert misdeeds and extreme abuse of academic and political power by the gerontological establishment has been exposed.
For the past fourteen years, the gerontological establishment has sought to persecute anti-aging physicians, anti-aging health practitioners, and the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M; www.worldhealth.net) itself, simply because they defy the prevailing model of disease-based, drug-oriented medicine. In the Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics, an international scientific shocking insights into the calculated and deliberate repression of innovative thought and freedoms of choice in healthcare. The Abstract of this important paper is online, at: http://www.sciencedirect.com/
We urge you to review this important paper, from which we excerpt Prof. Dr. Zs.-Nagy, MD's quotes as follows:
- "Complete disregard by certain individuals bearing some of the most prestigious affiliations in the gerontological establishment, for truth, academic integrity, and scientific professionalism. Instead they have waged a wanton effort to sabotage and retard a global movement of clinicians, practicing physicians on the front lines who have embraced that aging is not inevitable, and is indeed, preventable."
- "[T]he gerontological elite has instead sought to obfuscate the facts ... the reason for this is nothing less than an abject fear ... to avert their loss of control, power, prestige, and position in the multi-billion dollar industry of gerontological medicine."
- "The gerontological elite have waged a multi-million dollar campaign to influence media and exert deliberate control of public information ... selective funding of journalists aimed to deliberately misrepresent the anti-aging movement [with] public funds that were appropriated by the US National Institute of Aging."
- "[T]he gerontological elite has trumpeted meaningless public relations stunts .. mocking the anti-aging medical movement and its physician leaders. These frivolous efforts, led by non-clinicians ... were clearly mounted for personal gain ... [and] speak volumes as to the extremes of intellectual dishonesty."
- Under the influence of the misinformation campaign contrived by the gerontological elite, US Federal Statute 21 USC Sec. 333(e) "enables a witch-hunt of [anti-aging] physicians who judiciously administer hGH therapy," when instead the statute was intended to prohibit trafficking of performance enhancing substances by non-physicians, prior to the existence of the anti-aging medical movement.
Prof. Dr. Imre Zs.-Nagy, MD, a part of the gerontology movement for four decades, and founder and Editor-in-Chief of the Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics, has courageously stepped up to speak the truth. At great professional risk, he has come forth to blow the whistle on fourteen years of censorship and repression of the science of anti-aging medicine, and advanced preventive medicine, by the gerontological establishment.
In asking "Is consensus in anti-aging medical intervention an elusive expectation or a realistic goal?," Prof. Dr. Zs.-Nagy, MD concludes that: "there has been little else as dramatic, important, beneficial, and significant as the anti-aging medical movement. ... [A]nti-aging medicine has flourished in its sixteen-year long history, garnering the support of more than 100,000 physicians and scientists worldwide who practice or research life enhancing, life extending interventions."
Dr. Ronald Klatz, MD, DO, President of the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M; www.worldhealth.net), observes that: "A decade-long campaign waged by the gerontological elite has severely restricted the freedoms of physicians to administer life enhancing, and potentially life saving, therapeutics such as hGH and HRT therapies. The effect of this calculated campaign has held back the advancement of clinical anti-aging and HRT research, leading to unnecessary morbidity, and, likely - mortality, for millions of people worldwide. In my opinion, this is a heinous crime against humanity. The A4M remains committed to defending the independent physician and we applaud Prof. Dr. Imre Zs.-Nagy, MD for his courage and fearless commitment to intellectual and academic honesty."